Sunday, April 24, 2011

S is for Seven Weird Facts About Me


I thought it would fun to give you some interesting facts about me. It’s the stuff that doesn’t usually come up in conversation.

1.    I value honesty. I try, even when I really don’t want to - to tell the truth.
Sometimes, this can’t be accomplished tactfully. Often not. So if you don’t want to know if I think you drink to much, have bad judgment in men, or drive badly, don’t ask. I will tell you the truth.

2.    I’m not afraid to die.
I’m afraid I’ll die before I get a chance to do everything I want to do.

3.    I love living in New Hampshire.
Truly, I do. I have lived in many different places and my current residence is by far, my favorite.

4.    When I was kid, I hated my name.
I wanted to change it to Aimee (spelling it this way, mattered). For six months I wouldn’t answer to anyone if they called me Joyce. This was problem at school. I was always being reprimanded by a teacher.

5.    I was adopted.
On October 12, 1991, my birthmother found me.
On June 22, 1992, she married my birthfather. I’m the oldest of 8.
•   3 1/2 brothers
•   2 1/2 sisters
•   1 Sister
•   1 Brother

6.    The Geraldo Rivera show called to ask me if I would be on their very first reunion show. A friend of my birthmother had called them and told them about our reunion.
I said no. They didn't like it.

7.    I have been the human in the life of 10 dogs.
Their names were:
•   Duke
•   Honcho
•   Wolfgang (my son's middle name is after this dog)
•   Paisley
•   Brownie (he came to live with us after my Grandfather died)
•   Cardea
•   Katie (my duaghter's middle name is after this dog, but spelled Cait)
•   Daisy
•   Lucy
•   Thor, my current dog. He is a 3 year-old black pug. I love this dog!

7 comments:

  1. #1 is one of my favorite things about you. Especially when we were at RPI. :)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing these things about yourself. always great to get to know a fellow MG writer-(-and someone who also wants a magical way to lose 15 pounds).
    Great meeting you through the A-Z!

    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz! RPI - the good 'ol days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Joyce. I can see that honesty bit about you. That's a wonderful quality to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was interesting. THanks for sharing. I agree with you on number 2 and good for you on number 6. Do what is right for you.

    I found your blog through the A to Z challenge and really like it. I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. To pick it up, please go here:

    http://lind-guistics.blogspot.com/2011/04/award.html

    I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at #4! This is a very fun list! I saw you on Tossing It Out!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete