Sunday, April 24, 2011

S is for Seven Weird Facts About Me


I thought it would fun to give you some interesting facts about me. It’s the stuff that doesn’t usually come up in conversation.

1.    I value honesty. I try, even when I really don’t want to - to tell the truth.
Sometimes, this can’t be accomplished tactfully. Often not. So if you don’t want to know if I think you drink to much, have bad judgment in men, or drive badly, don’t ask. I will tell you the truth.

2.    I’m not afraid to die.
I’m afraid I’ll die before I get a chance to do everything I want to do.

3.    I love living in New Hampshire.
Truly, I do. I have lived in many different places and my current residence is by far, my favorite.

4.    When I was kid, I hated my name.
I wanted to change it to Aimee (spelling it this way, mattered). For six months I wouldn’t answer to anyone if they called me Joyce. This was problem at school. I was always being reprimanded by a teacher.

5.    I was adopted.
On October 12, 1991, my birthmother found me.
On June 22, 1992, she married my birthfather. I’m the oldest of 8.
   3 1/2 brothers
   2 1/2 sisters
   1 Sister
   1 Brother

6.    The Geraldo Rivera show called to ask me if I would be on their very first reunion show. A friend of my birthmother had called them and told them about our reunion.
I said no. They didn't like it.

7.    I have been the human in the life of 10 dogs.
Their names were:
   Duke
   Honcho
   Wolfgang (my son's middle name is after this dog)
   Paisley
   Brownie (he came to live with us after my Grandfather died)
   Cardea
   Katie (my duaghter's middle name is after this dog, but spelled Cait)
   Daisy
   Lucy
   Thor, my current dog. He is a 3 year-old black pug. I love this dog!

7 comments:

  1. #1 is one of my favorite things about you. Especially when we were at RPI. :)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing these things about yourself. always great to get to know a fellow MG writer-(-and someone who also wants a magical way to lose 15 pounds).
    Great meeting you through the A-Z!

    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz! RPI - the good 'ol days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Joyce. I can see that honesty bit about you. That's a wonderful quality to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was interesting. THanks for sharing. I agree with you on number 2 and good for you on number 6. Do what is right for you.

    I found your blog through the A to Z challenge and really like it. I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. To pick it up, please go here:

    http://lind-guistics.blogspot.com/2011/04/award.html

    I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at #4! This is a very fun list! I saw you on Tossing It Out!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete