Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanksgivukah = Rededication and Thanks

Thanksgivukah can only mean one thing, the convergence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving. This could be the best mash-up ever for Jewish-Americans, Foodies, or any one who simply loves the idea of these two holidays being celebrated together. Chanukah starts at sundown on November 27th and the first full day of this 8-day festival of lights is on Thanksgiving.

Photo from
https://www.facebook.com/Thanksgivukkahh
Think about how delicious this holiday mash-up will be: sweet potato and ginger latkes, pumpkin challah, Manischewitz-flavored Marshmallows, the possibilities are endless. So get creative and make you holiday meal one to remember.

Now, add into the mix, that Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks for what we have, for the freedoms we enjoy, and for reflecting on the past, present, and future. Chanukah's, the festival of lights celebrates rededicating yourself to your beliefs and believing in miracles.

I believe I can complete the first draft of my next novel by January 1, 2014. To do so, I give thanks to my family who supports me and my dreams, for my friends who actually read my books, and for the life I am able to lead because of all the wonderful people who fill my life.

So when you are eating turkey and latkes, I hope you spend some time thinking about what you are thankful for and what you want to rededicate yourself too. Life is short, eat latkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment