Sunday, November 24, 2013

Learning & the Brain Conference

November 15-17 I was in Boston for a Learning and the Brain Conference. I had been to others but this one was different. I left Boston on Sunday knowing that I and the school where I work have it right. We work with each child, finding ways that will support their learning needs. David Sobel said that it is, "about individual differences NOT learning styles," and he is right. The students I work with are amazing and different. I see beyond their challenges and know they are brilliant, empathetic, and avid learners. They never let their dyslexia, slow processing,, or executive functioning weaknesses stop from excelling.

Our current educational system does not have to be set in stone. Our country and our educational directives are still in their infancy compared to other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment