|New England SCBWI 2011 Conference ~ Don't miss this 25th Conference Anniversary Event|
The New England chapter of SCBWI's 2011 Conference, Celebrating Milestones, begins open registration at 12:01 A.M on February 15th. Greg R. Fishbone and Kathryn Hulick Gargolinski, , the 2011 Conference Co-Directors are busy planning New England's 25th annual conference. From May 13 to 15th, we will be filling the Marriott Courtyard in Fitchburg, MA, with inspiring and informative content for authors and illustrators. Conference highlights will include:
* Keynote addresses from Jane Yolen, Tomie DePaola, Lin Oliver, Steve Mooser, and Harold Underdown
* 7 agents, 13 editors, and 2 art directors on our critique faculty
* More Agent Quick Query slots
* Marketing Consultations with Susan Raab Peer Critiques
* Special Interest Group meetings
* New England SCBWI History Panel
* Poster Showcase
* Two Illustrators Academies
* Conference podcast by Katie Davis of "Brain Burps About Books!"
* The usual assortment of amazing workshops
* A screening of "Library of the Early Mind" followed by a discussion panel
* A Silver Anniversary Ball and cabaret
* ...and more!
We recommend registering as early as possible on or after February 15th to ensure your choice of programming.
To register for the conference, visit the registration site at https://www.regonline.com/
Please note that both manuscript and portfolio critique registration is OFFLINE this year. Critique slots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not guaranteed.
Check the New England SCBWI website (http://www.nescbwi.org/
Twitter users can follow the New England SCBWI Twitter account, (@nescbwi), and use the #nescbwi11 hash-tag to discuss the conference.
Hope to see you in Fitchburg!