Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swinger of Birches

I am so blessed to a part of this wonderful retreat for the first time. I was so nervous when I arrived on Sunday. It was like walking out of the locker room at middle school all over again. Would I get picked last for a team, or at all. 

Everyone here is amazing! I arrived later than most. the genuine welcomes from everyone were so warm and truly appreciated.

The words are flowing and I am two chapters from being completely done with my fifth and final draft of my YA novel.

The breeze from the lake is like distant applause, hedging me along to the finish line. This short break to blog is just away to step back from the raw emotion of writing some very difficult scenes. This novel takes place in numerous places in New York State. It's only fitting that I finish writing this book, sitting here in Upstate New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment