Monday, May 17, 2010

NESCBWI 2010 - Thank You everyone!

This year’s conference was incredible. Cynthia Leitich Smith said so much and even included tidbits on her man. Marla Frazee and Allyn Johnston showed me what Santa looks like naked, rear and front. ☺

Sudipta Quallen is my girl. She just keeps knocking out some the most creative and fun picture books ever. Sudipta’s hands-on sessions shows what it takes to write incredible picture books and how to amp of your chances of writing and selling great books.

Super Kudos to Lisa Papademetriou, for jumping in and getting me all Unstuck!

I loved Erin Dionne's Hysterical Epiphanies session. On the ride home, I found myself thinking about ways to make my characters laugh for just a second in some of their darkest moments.

John Bell’s So You Want to Write a Graphic Novel? Was really just perfect! I arrived knowing nothing about this genre and left enlightened.

But most of all, the Agent Quick Query Session was a complete success all because of Sarah Davies of The Greenhouse, Lauren Macleod of The Strothman Agency, Jennifer Laughran of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, Leslie Kaufmann of Kneerim & Williams, Edward Necarsulmer IV of McIntosh & Otis, and Ammi-Joan Paquette of Erin Murphy Literary Agency, because it was so apparent how much time and effort each put into the queries. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment