Saturday, May 22, 2010

An Early Harvest

This morning turned into a lesson on how to harvest granite. I have three young fruit trees (2 apple, 1 pear) that need to be planted. I picked the perfect spot, measured the distance between each, and aligned them. All was perfect!

I began to dig!

And dig.
Then, CRACK!

Rock, Kennie yelled!
DUH! I thought.

So I widened the hole, and wider, and wide... until finally, I harvested this bad boy.


What are we going to do with it, you might be asking?



We need to replace the wooded step that leads into the mudroom. I always wanted granite!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce, very cool. I know you wanted a piece of granite and I felt bad about not giving you the piece from my yard (but not bad enough to give it to you - sorry) so now you have granite. Hopefully it wasn't a headstone for a horse or something. Ellen

    ReplyDelete