1. Take a deep breath.
2. Pour a glass of wine (so what if it’s only 8:17 AM).
3. Grab a highlighter.
4. Kick off your slippers.
5. Sit back.
7. Now read it again. This time look for dangling threads, problems and "just not working notes", your beta reader noted.
8. Put it down and walk away for twenty-four hours.
9. When you are ready, make the small edits first.
10. Finally, with your beta reader’s comments in hand, read your story from beginning to end.
As you read, you will see where the problems are. You will know what you need to do. It’s you story and you know it best.
11. With opened eyes, revise!
What are some of the things you look for when reading a manuscript?